The Southpoint neighbourhood is located at the heart of Langford, a modern up and coming municipality in Greater Victoria booming with many young couples and families. As a flourishing community, Southpoint has many attractions for families big and small, from schools to shopping, entertainment, and much more. Developed with families in mind, Langford is always growing to accommodate the lifestyles of new parents and those with young children. The abundance of parks and facilities catered to child development and creating healthy lifestyles is paramount.
Best Places for Family Recreation and Fun in Southpoint
Here are some of the top places to visit for families around the Southpoint community:
1. Pay a visit to one of Langford’s largest recreational facilities, the YMCA/YWCA. As a newly opened rec centre, this place is the go-to spot for keeping kids entertained all day long. The amenities include a lap pool, lazy river, warm water therapy pool, waterslide, health and fitness facility, daycare centre, and free wifi.
Location: 1319 Westhills Drive in the Westhills Neighbourhood.
2. Step up your entertainment game and celebrate your child’s birthday at All Fun Recreation Park. As Langford’s family fun zone, this place is packed with activities from Go-Karts, a batting cage, 18-holes of Mini-Golf, and Mr. Tubbs Ice Cream Parlor & Family Fun Zone. To make things even better, All Fun Recreation Park is attached to Western Speedway, Langford’s own auto racing track. If your kids have the need for speed, plan an action-filled day, and try the Go-Karts at All Fun before seeing the Sprint cars fly around the track underneath the lights of Western Speedway.
Location: 2207 Millstream Rd by Western Speedway
3. Discover the fun at Family Fun Park, a fantastic, kid-friendly zone at City Centre Park. Make your way through an 18-hole Mini-Golf through a course of pirates, Aztec ruins, and buried treasure. Let your kids climb and crawl through the Gold Rush-themed PlayZone, the biggest and brightest indoor playground on southern Vancouver Island. BONUS: For adults, there are leather couches, coffee, and magazines to relax.
Location: 1089 Langford Pkwy by Eagle Ridge Community Centre
4. Catch a game at the Westhills Stadium, Vancouver Island’s largest stadium and home to Rugby Canada, Pacific FC and the Westshore Rebels football team. Located at Langford’s City Centre Park, this world-class sporting facility is currently undergoing significant upgrades, and once complete it will accommodate 6,000 spectators, including 18 VIP suites. Once renovations are complete, new additions will include a new family fun zone, DJ booth, cocktail bar, stage and concert area, two new concession stands, increased parking and much more! The new Sarah Beckett Memorial Playground will be located adjacent to the stadium grounds.
Location: 1089 Langford Pkwy, City Centre Park
5. Challenge your kids to find their sweet spot and score their first hole-in-one at Bear Mountain Golf Country Club, Olympic View Golf Course, and Highland Pacific Golf Course. Bear Mountain is situated at the foothills of Mount Finlayson, with a stunning view of Mount Baker. It is the only 36-hole Jack Nicklaus-designed property in Canada. Olympic View Golf Course looks upon the grand Olympic Mountains to the south, with views of two spectacular waterfalls. Not to mention they are ranked among the 20 Best Golf Experiences in Canada. Highland Pacific Golf course is located on West Coast forest boasting panoramic views of the city of Victoria, Olympic Mountains, and total course yardage to over 6,600 yards.
Bear Mountain – 1999 Country Club Way, Victoria
Olympic View – 643 Latoria Rd, Victoria
Highland Pacific – 450 Creed Rd, Victoria
6. Reconnect with mother nature and go for a thrilling ride on a set of mountain bikes down Bear Mountain. Get ready for a day of adventure by experiencing Bear Mountain’s intermediate to advanced west coast single track, sweeping flow lines, and scenic climbs.
1999 Country Club Way, Victoria
7. Come to Bear Mountain Resort and experience Western Canada’s largest indoor and outdoor red clay tennis facility. Adults and juniors also have access to top-level coaching by our team of tennis Canada certified professionals.
1999 Country Club Way, Victoria
8. Go for a trek along Langford’s many trails to escape from the busyness of life. Check out Ed Nixon Trail, E&N Rail Trail, and Florence Lake. Ed Nixon’s tranquil path runs along the bank of Langford’s largest lake, which ends with a floating viewing platform and playground for the kiddos. The E & N Rail Trail is the newest pedestrian and bicycle trail intersecting the beautiful greenery of urban, rural, and wilderness settings. Florence Lake features two boardwalks, excellent for fishing. In the summer this lake is the perfect place to beat the West Coast heat. In the fall, it is a dreamscape of fallen, golden leaves contrasted against the green lake.
Ed Nixon – Goldstream Ave, Langford
Florence Lake – Florence Lake, Langford
E&N Rail Trail – 134-140 Hallowell Rd, Victoria
These action-packed facilities provide a glimpse of the endless possibilities of fun, entertainment, outdoor adventure, and healthy living that the Southpoint Living community has to offer. Contact us today to learn more about purchasing or building your next home at Southpoint!